About Relevant Bits
We are award-winning creators of e-commerce and community experiences. Relevant Bits’ mission is to solve big problems through data-driven design and technology. Our products and services create a story our customers love to tell.
We take pride in what we do, and we strive to deliver the right solution.
We have years of experience working with clients across many industry sectors. We’ve refined our workflows to keep our customers’ projects moving forward while maintaining a human-centered approach. Our team is made up of passionate professionals dedicated to delivering quality.
Some of our customers include:
- Autodesk – We built and scaled the Autodesk University website to hold their 2020 and 2021 virtual conferences online, and built technology to drive community engagement through personalized experiences to more than 100k attendees.
- Corevist – Corevist had more than $500M pass through their eCommerce platform last year. We helped them redesign their application and the underlying architecture, while building out a comprehensive design system for future growth.
- General Electric – We performed a ground-up redesign and re-platform of GE Appliances, which positioned the global appliance brand to go eCommerce.
We’re a small, tight knit group building the best product experiences we can for our customers. We believe strongly in the sustainability of our team and our customers, and as a result we’re on the hunt for a great, entrepreneurial spirited UX and Visual Designer.
We’re looking for a UX & Visual Designer to assist in the design of exceptional experiences, and user interfaces, that align our customers business requirements with the needs of their users.
- Ability to align business goals, customer needs, and technological capabilities to create solutions that are scalable
- Collaborative team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale to stakeholders
- Ability to translate customer data and insights into design decisions, improvements, and opportunities
- Detail-oriented and analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Keen to share knowledge, with a willingness to coach, mentor and teach others
- Contribute to the planning and conducting of usability studies and research activities
- Attend meetings to discover the requirements of projects
- Participate in technical discovery workshops that offer the information required to design and build services and product based projects
- Ability to refine information architecture so users can intuitively accomplish their goals
- Create intuitive user-flows that solve our customer’s business challenges
- Develop wireframes and task flows based on user needs
- Collaborate with Designers and Developers to create intuitive user interfaces
- Comfortably communicate user experience and design concepts to product teams
- Present your work to customers at various stages throughout the UX and UI phases
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and design platforms
- Lead workshop activities with customers and product teams (user personas, user-flows, customer journey mapping, etc)
- You have a bachelor’s degree in fine art, design, interaction design, related field, or equivalent work experience
- You have 5+ years of experience in product design, user experience or user interface design for an eCommerce brand
- You have a rigorous philosophy of using user research and data to develop products followed by uncompromising user-centered design
- You have an in-depth knowledge of user experience and user interface design principles, best practices, and user-centered and design thinking methodologies
- You have a deep understanding of end-to-end product design processes
- You’re a collaborative team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- You’re able to work collaboratively with culturally diverse teams
- You’re comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment
- You’re capable of balancing multiple projects
- You have great time management skills
- You’re proficiency with industry standard design software (eg. Figma and Sketch)
- You have an understanding of responsive design and how it affects your user experience recommendations
- You understand accessibility standards, and how user experience and design impacts those with disabilities
- You’re positive, supportive, and open to new ideas or approaches
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Figma and Sketch)
- Problem-solving and analytical aptitude
- A proactive and collaborative attitude
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Excellent communication skills
- You care about the quality of work you deliver
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Please submit your information via the form below. And make sure to include a link to your portfolio!